Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Labor and Delivery




Makenzie came 9 days early. I was supposed to get induced on the 27th ofAugust but Kenzie decided she didn't want to wait one more day. On Wednesday August 26 Brett and I went to the hospital at around 3:30 in the morning because I was having pretty painful contractions. The nurse checked me and I was dialated to a 5 and 90% effaced so they told me I could stay. The first thing a asked for was the epidural. I had to wait for a while to get it because they had to send a blood sample down to a lab and I had to wait for 45 min. until the results came back. Meanwhile they gave me some kind of medicine that made me really drowzy and dulled the pain a little. I didn't get the epidural until around 6:30am. I was so scared to get the epidural but it turned out not to be as bad as I had thought. After that everything was smooth sailing. At 8:11am the doctor came in and broke my water. Then he had to leave and deliver another baby that was a c-section. By 9:30am I was dialated to a 10 and 100% effeaced but the doctor was still in surgery so I had to wait for an hour for him to finish. I was sort of freaking out because I thought that I was going to have the baby without him. The nurse kept saying it was fine and that it lets the baby get lower, but I was still worried. Finally the doctor came in to deliver Makenzie. I pushed through 4 contractions or about 15 to 20 minutes and she came out. She was kind of blue at first but after about a minute she was normal color. She came out yelling and screaming. She has some good lungs, thats for sure. The whole thing was an amazing experience and I am so grateful that she is here with us happy and healthy. Emily came as soon as the baby arrived and took some awesome pictures for me thanks a TON Emily!

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! Congrats guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kenzie! She is the sweetest baby! Thanks so much for letting me be there with your family! I had so much fun!!! : )

    ReplyDelete